White Magic.ca
January 22, 2018, 08:50:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: White Magic - White Magic Spell Discussions

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Animal Communication  (Read 3717 times)
Soullus

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2010, 07:56:21 AM »

I've recently been practicing spells to learn what animals are thinking, I think I may have gotten one, Please comment on the spell, not, "Why dont you just [insert really easy thing here] Magic isnt supposed to be simple, well, I dont like it to.
Spell:
"Artemis, God of the Animals, I invoke thy will, I beg of thee, grant me your abilities, Artemis, do thy will."
(PS. Not my best spell, Im usually creating earth and Gaia invoking based spells.)
Jellybean-Kun
Wise

Yes, yes I do.

jjdnsporkfork@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 08:13:22 AM »

Why dont you get inside the mind of them?

[Thats not easy Tongue]

This witty signature is not here right now, so please leave a message after the non-existant beep.
Braver men don't have my flair.
Fjeld

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 03:58:54 PM »

I thought artemis is the god of the hunt..

The only animal related spell i can do is summoning them.

"Dolor diligo vexillum"

-Fjeld
Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 08:04:18 AM »

Cool! I wanna try that Cheesy

T.E. - Thrystal Encantatore the Enchanter
Lark
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 11:14:38 AM »

The first problem that I see here is that you are calling Artemis a God when she is actually a Goddess.  And she is not a Goddess who particularly likes men nor wishes to aid them.  Before you call upon a specific Deity you might want to do some careful research on exactly what they represent.

Secondly, your wording isn't specific enough.  You say "I beg of thee, grant me your abilities" but you never say which of her abilities you want.  If you want to communicate with animals then your spell should specify that that's what you want.  Otherwise you might find that the Deity you invoked picks one of their abilities at random and it isn't what you wanted at all.  When doing any sort of spellwork make sure that your wording is specific to the result you desire.

Something else to consider is that when invoking Deity it is customary to give them something in return for their aid.  That means that you may want to research what traditional offerings to Artemis might have been and make those offerings to her when you invoke her.

There's a decent description of Artemis here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemis  But some aspects of Artemis are not particularly appealing to modern senses such as the Artemis worshiped in and around Sparta well into Roman times:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_of_Artemis_Orthia

-Lark-

Those behaviors that we tolerate become our standards.
Fjeld

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 12:28:42 PM »

Ah I always forget to add the ess at the end

"Dolor diligo vexillum"

-Fjeld
Jellybean-Kun
Wise

Yes, yes I do.

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 12:33:48 PM »

Artemis swore to not....I can't think of the right words, not to fall in love.

This witty signature is not here right now, so please leave a message after the non-existant beep.
Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 04:24:33 AM »

xD Just when did Lark become such a perfectionist?

Artemis, being a deity, should be willing to help those who ask for Her aid. If She wasn't a helpful deity at all, there would be no Temple of Artemis, right? Forgive me, Artemis.

As a perfectionist, I would say this spell is pathetic, but since I wasn't being a perfectionist, I wouldn't mind xD Cheesy .

Good job, Lark!

JoeY34kaze
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 09:00:09 AM »

when you said the she should be willing, that's not true. She can choose and she should be treated with utmost respect.
Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 08:07:57 AM »

Okay, let's change that to open. Cheesy xD

MiddeM

It's good to be clever, but not to show it.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 12:48:24 PM »

For the first time, i will say that.

I agree with you Lark.

I never but never said to someone i agree with him as none ever gave me a reason but at last somebody said something write and useful.

But an another thing, we must first of all learn the existence of the deity we shall call, as sometimes, they are just creations of humans in the shake of life's explenation.

A wizard is never late, nor his early, he arrives precisely when he means to.
Ulterior Motives

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 06:09:49 PM »

I've recently been practicing spells to learn what animals are thinking, I think I may have gotten one, Please comment on the spell, not, "Why dont you just [insert really easy thing here] Magic isnt supposed to be simple, well, I dont like it to.
Spell:
"Artemis, God of the Animals, I invoke thy will, I beg of thee, grant me your abilities, Artemis, do thy will."
(PS. Not my best spell, Im usually creating earth and Gaia invoking based spells.)

Dude come on get real, this spell is fake. The only way to communicate with an animal is to sacrifice one of the type you want to communicate with, to Urathetis. Stop noobing and learn some real spells.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 07:59:14 PM by Ulterior Motives » Logged
Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 07:36:42 AM »

Ulterior, this is called a made-up spell so don't tease it lol. Anyway, you can kindly share your "real" spell xD

Ulterior Motives

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 07:49:38 PM »

Ulterior, this is called a made-up spell so don't tease it lol. Anyway, you can kindly share your "real" spell xD

Okay, I'll share with you. You will need to develop a strong connection with an animal you wish to speak with. This is easily done first with a beloved pet, since you probably already have a bond. You will need to build a shine to Urathetis, call him upon him with a calling spell at around 4:00 PM EST. This is when he gets out of demi-god school. Sacrifice the animal and smear it's blood all over your body. Let it get inside of you. After this you will have better communication with that type of animal. You may need to repeat more than once to get the desired effects.
Jellybean-Kun
Wise

Yes, yes I do.

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 06:04:41 AM »

Errr, I advise you not to listen to Ulterior Motives...
I don't think anyone here, except UM is gonna do that...thats sick...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: