White Magic.ca
November 22, 2017, 02:52:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: White Magic - White Magic Spell Discussions

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: um.....help?  (Read 4033 times)
Midnight Silversoul

Give me your Mind.

funkymoonstone@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile
« on: May 25, 2010, 03:16:01 PM »

hey guys, i was surfing the net for something and came across this thing calle synesthesia, and.....i think i might have it. It's when every letter and number has a colour, and feeing, and like months have co,ours and feelings and music has pictures and things. It's difficult to describe, and that has happened eevr since i was little. I would always see the colours of the days and stuff - in my mind i'd see the word and the word would be in a colour.

So...i think i might have it....not sure what to do with that...any help please?

-MG

xx

I want your soul.
FullMoon
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 03:58:20 PM »

synestesic children find it much more difficult to communicate. Every time someone says a word the colour they associate with the word gets projected, so you don't just see it in your mind its as if you could touch it. Your world would be all the wrong colours except if by chance one of the words happens to be its actual colour. Every time someone spoke, the colours would appear in front of you. It can severely hinder a child's development and they are often distracted and uncommunicative. They are often excellent abstract artists as they merely transfer what they see in the world onto paper.
Everyone does associate some things with others - for example the first time I saw my new brother I decided his colour was blue. But if you really still think you are synesthesic you need to go to a doctor. But don't worry, it's highly unlikely! Especially if it hasn't hindered the development of your speech or thought process.
Midnight Silversoul

Give me your Mind.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 04:00:39 PM »

synestesic children find it much more difficult to communicate. Every time someone says a word the colour they associate with the word gets projected, so you don't just see it in your mind its as if you could touch it. Your world would be all the wrong colours except if by chance one of the words happens to be its actual colour. Every time someone spoke, the colours would appear in front of you. It can severely hinder a child's development and they are often distracted and uncommunicative. They are often excellent abstract artists as they merely transfer what they see in the world onto paper.
Everyone does associate some things with others - for example the first time I saw my new brother I decided his colour was blue. But if you really still think you are synesthesic you need to go to a doctor. But don't worry, it's highly unlikely! Especially if it hasn't hindered the development of your speech or thought process.

No thats just one case of synthesia (reminds me of emma from heroes lol) but there are other types - where you see them in yourmind, you have genders and personalties and things, and thats what i have, it's difficult to describe I'd have to paste an article about it. I dotn know what to do

I want your soul.
Midnight Silversoul

Give me your Mind.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 04:11:03 PM »

In one common form of synesthesia, known as grapheme → color synesthesia or color-graphemic synesthesia, letters or numbers are perceived as inherently colored, while in ordinal linguistic personification, numbers, days of the week and months of the year evoke personalities. In spatial-sequence, or number form synesthesia, numbers, months of the year, and/or days of the week elicit precise locations in space (for example, 1980 may be "farther away" than 1990), or may have a (three-dimensional) view of a year as a map (clockwise or counterclockwise).[Yet another recently identified type, visual motion → sound synesthesia, involves hearing sounds in response to visual motion and flicker. Over 60 types of synesthesia have been reported by people,but only a fraction have been evaluated by scientific research. Even within one type, synesthetic perceptions vary in intensity and people vary in awareness of their synesthetic perceptions.

I want your soul.
Midnight Silversoul

Give me your Mind.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 04:22:52 PM »

I think I would have Grapheme and Personification.
For instance to me D is mean, he gets angry easily, he's be a torqoisy teal colour and A is happy and nice is she's female and she likes skipping and jump rope red. Friday is blue and he is calm and relaxing and tuesday is orange it's a prickly day - quite tricky.
Sometimes when I read something like for example some one said hot cross buns i would get the taste of hot crossed buns in my mouth.

.......what now?

I want your soul.
Jellybean-Kun
Wise

Yes, yes I do.

jjdnsporkfork@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 04:40:33 PM »

No! Friday is green! Tuesday is blue!

This witty signature is not here right now, so please leave a message after the non-existant beep.
Braver men don't have my flair.
Midnight Silversoul

Give me your Mind.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 06:13:45 AM »

No! Friday is green! Tuesday is blue!

....Stop it.

I want your soul.
FullMoon
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 12:16:06 PM »

Seriously, its all right. Everyone associates things like colours with tastes or sounds or words. Or at least I do, so either we're both synesthesic or both normal. You do actually have to take medicine for it, and/or have like conselling, so I really hope for you that you don't have it.
Jellybean-Kun
Wise

Yes, yes I do.

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 02:06:45 PM »

Stop what? Im just saying that fridays green and tuesdays blue....

This witty signature is not here right now, so please leave a message after the non-existant beep.
FullMoon
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 03:09:21 PM »

Silver, don't tease!
Jellybean-Kun
Wise

Yes, yes I do.

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 03:44:50 PM »

Im notttt.....in my head, they're that colour.... Cheesy

Midnight Silversoul

Give me your Mind.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 04:02:59 PM »

Im notttt.....in my head, they're that colour.... Cheesy

No there not..............can you please stop it? I feel bad enough as it is.

I want your soul.
Jellybean-Kun
Wise

Yes, yes I do.

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 04:05:21 PM »

"in my head"
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:10:32 AM by Jellybean-Kun » Logged

Jellybean-Kun
Wise

Yes, yes I do.

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 04:38:15 PM »

**Silence**
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 04:45:22 PM by Sebastian Silverhand » Logged

Jellybean-Kun
Wise

Yes, yes I do.

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 04:44:25 PM »

Eh, i think i may have it too cos stuff like that happens to me...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: