White Magic.ca
November 14, 2018, 11:12:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: White Magic - White Magic Spell Discussions

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Book of the Sacred Magic of Abramelin the Mage  (Read 6328 times)
Baelali

Question everything. especially government.

jozejerse@hotmail.com
View Profile
« on: July 02, 2010, 06:09:37 AM »

I have borrowed this book from library and i read it. It describes the journey of a man named Abraham from Germany to Egypt. He describes the magicians that he met along the way and what they did. In Egypt he finds a man whose name was Abramelin(or Abra-melin / Abramelim) and he teaches him how to practice holy magic that is described in the book.

The book shows the procedure of 6 moths of preparation before calling your guardian angel and then you take control of evil spirits with the help on your guardian angel (that you called) and other angelic beings. Then you have the demonic creatures under your control so do your tasks.
The book also has a quite big list of demonic entities and its hierarchy.

The origins of the book are ,well, suspicious. Texts have been copied i think two times, and some things have been changed over the centuries. (Abraham supposedly lived from 1362a.d. to 1458 a.d. )

What I wish to know is if anyone else has read this book and if its trustworthy. It is said that its one of the most powerful books of this topic and a very dangerous one in abused. I do not intend to try anything described in the book because i do not have sufficient knowledge, power and I'm not old enough ( in book its said that the one who attempts the "operation" must be at least 25 years old, and in full mental and physical health.)

If you have executed the operation please post here anything about it.

And i also with if anyone of you knows any good authors or books in esoteric field, please share them with me. Smiley

This is what wikipedia has to say about it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Abramelin

blessed be all

Everything is an illusion.
KeranWills

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 07:31:55 AM »

This book is complex but amazing, the only problem is with the old English which is quite difficult to understand. But only experienced magician who has deep knowledge can use this book effectively.The beginner may get the dangerous effect of it.

Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 08:22:11 AM »

Old or Archaic English? 'Cause I can understand Archaic English. Smiley

T.E. - Thrystal Encantatore the Enchanter
Lark
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 08:37:11 AM »

Old or Archaic English? 'Cause I can understand Archaic English. Smiley

Some of the language in the book is archaic (which is what I think Keran meant), but it's not Old English.  Old English (which is really Anglo-Saxon) is like the language in Beowulf which is far closer to Norse than it is to English.

Those behaviors that we tolerate become our standards.
Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 08:47:20 AM »

Old English uses totally different letters >.<.

T.E. - Thrystal Encantatore the Enchanter
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: