White Magic.ca
February 18, 2019, 06:58:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: White Magic - White Magic Spell Discussions

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Warnings and Suspensions  (Read 11179 times)
Lark
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 26, 2011, 08:20:42 PM »

As Rob and I have mentioned on the boards, there are some things we try to discourage on this site such as the use of profanity, personal attacks, and continued off-topic posts.  Off-topic posts will be deleted.  But profanity and personal attacks will earn you warnings to cease the behavior.  Continued abuses following a warning will earn you a temporary suspension from the site.

Fishy is currently on a 3-day no posting suspension from the site following their continued use of profanity after being warned by both Rob and myself.

Please try to remember that we are trying to make this board a good place for learning and friendship.  The rules aren't hard to follow.  But also be aware that it is your choice of actions that will have consequences.

-Lark-
Forum Mod

Those behaviors that we tolerate become our standards.
Jellybean-Kun
Wise

Yes, yes I do.

jjdnsporkfork@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 06:47:45 AM »

*raises hand*
She said one swearword, you said not to, then she mebbye said another...then mentioned a cocktail stick if I do remember...then rob was all YOU SAID COCKTAIL STICK, BANBANBANBAN....
So...What?

This witty signature is not here right now, so please leave a message after the non-existant beep.
Braver men don't have my flair.
Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 10:05:07 AM »

She did make one post that sounded really offensive if you didn't notice, you used-to-bad-words person. -_- And we're trying to keep the forum clean. It's only 3 days anyway.

T.E. - Thrystal Encantatore the Enchanter
Lark
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 10:16:42 AM »

*raises hand*
She said one swearword, you said not to, then she mebbye said another...then mentioned a cocktail stick if I do remember...then rob was all YOU SAID COCKTAIL STICK, BANBANBANBAN....
So...What?

Sorry Silver, but it actually was more than that..you just didn't see it. 

We're not trying to pick on anyone and suspensions will not be done frivolously.  But we are hoping that perhaps people will try to see this as a way to make the board better for everyone by limiting the actions of a few who feel the rules aren't for them.

Reed

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 11:27:15 AM »

We didn't see it? Omg, what did he do?
Jellybean-Kun
Wise

Yes, yes I do.

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 12:24:21 PM »

...What did happen then?

This witty signature is not here right now, so please leave a message after the non-existant beep.
Lark
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 01:03:07 PM »

I don't think we need to go into the particulars.  Suffice it to say that his response to his initial warning was more of the same.

BTW, Silver, you might want to consider changing the wording in your siggy.  Perhaps you might even have a new siggy you'd like to try out?

Jellybean-Kun
Wise

Yes, yes I do.

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 01:59:30 PM »

My sig or my photo phrase?

...No, but Silver wants to knoooooow...

Lark
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 02:00:30 PM »

My sig or my photo phrase?

...No, but Silver wants to knoooooow...

Ahh, your photo phrase.

Jellybean-Kun
Wise

Yes, yes I do.

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 02:37:24 PM »

Fine, fine, I'll go think up something witty.

Lark
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 06:33:28 PM »

Fine, fine, I'll go think up something witty.

Thanks, sweetie

Lark
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 02:54:27 PM »

Fishy - Cocktail Stick's ban has been lifted and they are again able to post.  I hope this is a lesson learned.

lucky thirteen

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 03:17:51 PM »

Well i did try to delete my account, but obviously i'm not allowed to cocktail my way out of here....
Lark
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2011, 04:47:28 PM »

The way that Rob now has the board set up it isn't possible to delete accounts.  But if you're wanting to leave the board I can make it so your account doesn't show anymore.  Are you saying you don't want to post here anymore??

lucky thirteen

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 05:27:26 PM »

Well i'm pretty peed off to be honest....

i started here, trying to help people and look after people and encourage good behaviour from others to preserve the lovely little community we had.

somewhere along the way i've just lost faith. it seems i can't post anything any more without it being criticised to the point of the whole topic being deleted, or else made useless. i wanted to be able to write posts for new comers, but as no one was able to let me express a widely believed view, without accusing me of being a liar, and trying to brainwash etc, i ended up losing my opportunity and the topic was deleted. there used to be a difference with how people had their disagreements on here- it used to seem tactful, and debatory, but now it just comes across as big headed and malicious.

as much as i tried to ask to people to be kind and thoughtful to each other, people would agree, but then go and bite eachother's arm off and i'd be lectured about how i was wrong and that so and so wasn't worthy of their respect. so i gave up.

now people go off topic so much on this forum it's almost ridiculous to call it 'whitemagic forum'. people have been swearing and posting silly little get-ats at eachother for months. certain individuals have really acted poorly, and yet evaded and evaded punishment. so i think it's both rich, and sad that i would get banned for making a bleach themed joke threat, and saying 'cocktail stick' (the english for what i assume you must know as a toothpick) and for saying 'goddam' when it was most certainly not it's first use on this forum.

i'm sorry, but no matter what intention or for what purpose i use this forum i'm clearly not able to interact with the majority in a way that makes my presence appreciated or valuable...so i fail to see why i'm still here. i haven't felt useful for ages.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: