White Magic.ca
February 18, 2019, 07:23:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: White Magic - White Magic Spell Discussions

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: are all the gods same?  (Read 7491 times)
doranlyna

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2012, 12:38:33 PM »

Are greek gods and hindu gods same?? Just different names? Well I did some research and here's some similarities
Zeus king of god... in hindu indra
Aphrodite godess of love... we have kaam dev
Athena godess of war as in strength... we have kali
Their tales and ours r same.. almost.... is it possible all gods r same but due to different cultures they have different names?? Or is it just in my head?

If u get something easy
Its not worth getting
Jellybean-Kun
Wise

Yes, yes I do.

jjdnsporkfork@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 02:45:48 PM »

Athena's the goddess of wisdom. Ares is the god of war.

Yeah, they're more or less the same. They have the same with Roman and Greek gods, like Poseidon, the greek god of the sea is Neptune in Roman mythology.

This witty signature is not here right now, so please leave a message after the non-existant beep.
Braver men don't have my flair.
Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 10:40:14 AM »

I'm not sure. By the way, I thought it was Brahma who is the supreme deity in Indian mythology. Turns out I'm wrong. lol I didn't hear of Indra before.

T.E. - Thrystal Encantatore the Enchanter
doranlyna

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 08:26:06 AM »

Bramha is creator.... indra is king of heaven.... nobody worships indra or brahma...

If u get something easy
Its not worth getting
Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 09:02:55 AM »

Okay. Smiley

Victor

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 11:57:26 AM »

In a book written by Oberon Zell Ravenheart iy is supported that Gods are formed in order to cover a specific need and they evolve and change according to the changes of society.

No man, no matter how great he might be, can avoid his fate, he can just change it.-Victor
Iolh7

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 05:07:17 PM »

Are greek gods and hindu gods same?? Just different names? Well I did some research and here's some similarities
Their tales and ours r same.. almost.... is it possible all gods r same but due to different cultures they have different names?? Or is it just in my head?

Since i'm Greek i can certainly give you an accurate answer,my friend...and i'm telling you,no !!!! Greek gods are not the same with hindu.The twelve gods are the principal gods of Greek mythology who lived on top of Mount Olympus.Many  traditions just borrowed the abilities of the Greek gods and incorporated them,to their needs.

Κάποιοι πολεμούν για το δυνατό.
Εγώ πολεμώ για το αδύνατο.
doranlyna

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 09:17:01 AM »

Since i'm Greek i can certainly give you an accurate answer,my friend...and i'm telling you,no !!!! Greek gods are not the same with hindu.The twelve gods are the principal gods of Greek mythology who lived on top of Mount Olympus.Many  traditions just borrowed the abilities of the Greek gods and incorporated them,to their needs.
can u please elaborate which gods live in mt olympus??? I wanted to know coz m really intrested in greek mythology

If u get something easy
Its not worth getting
Iolh7

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 10:01:58 AM »

Certainly !!!!  Smiley

Zeus or Jupiter: The father of the gods and the greatest of them. God of weather, the protector of strangers, family and fertility. Worshiped as the god of wisdom who determined the fates of people and regulate the moral order of the world.
Hera: Sister and wife of Zeus. She was the protector of marriage and marital loyalty.
Poseidon: God of the sea, rivers, sources of drinking water and the water element in general.
Demetra: Goddess of the earth, agriculture, flora, food, marriage and protector of farmers.
Hestia: Goddess of family, home, fire and textile arts.
Aphrodite: Goddess of beauty and love.
Apollo: God of divination art, music and dance, and moral reasoning. He was also the healing god.
Ares: God of battle and war
Artemis: Goddess of wildlife, hunting, animals and fertility.
Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, arts and prudent warfare.
Hephaestus: God of fire, volcanoes, metallurgy and patron of craftsmen. He was also the manufacturer of the weapons of the gods.
Hermes: He was the messenger of the gods, and psychopomp preacher, protector of commerce, travelers and the thieves.

doranlyna

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 10:21:03 AM »

Thank you. Grin
m sorry but I find this strange... hera is sister nd wife both??

If u get something easy
Its not worth getting
Iolh7

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 11:44:19 AM »

I understand it seems strange but it's accurate. Zeus' sister and wife, daughter of Cronus and Rhea. Hera was the queen of heaven and the gods and goddess of women and marriage.
She was generally described as an avenging goddess, punishing those that had displeased her severely. Her husband Zeus was constantly unfaithful to her, and she had a lot of persecuting to do because of this and the fact that she was very jealous.Some of the more famous myths featuring the goddess include:
Her marriage to Zeus and her earlier seduction by the god in the guise of a cuckoo bird.The birth of Hephaistos who she produced alone and cast from heaven because he was crippled.Her persecution of the consorts of Zeus, especially Leto, Semele and Alkmene.Her persecution of Herakles and Dionysos, the favourite bastard sons of Zeus.The punishment of Ixion, who was chained to a fiery wheel for attempting to violate the goddess.The assisting of the Argonauts in their quest for the golden fleece, their leader Jason being one of her favourites.The judgement of Paris, in which she competed against Aphrodite and Athene for the prize of the golden apple.The Trojan War, in which she assisted the Greeks.

doranlyna

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 04:38:14 AM »

Intresting..... greek mythology fasinates me.... mostly because greek gods nd our gods stand the same principle nd few gods are same.... names different though...  thanks for sharing...

If u get something easy
Its not worth getting
Iolh7

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 05:09:13 PM »

You are welcome !!  Smiley

Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 10:31:23 AM »

Hera must be friends with Nemesis.

Jellybean-Kun
Wise

Yes, yes I do.

jjdnsporkfork@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 03:47:15 PM »

I bet they do evil things together and then send Nike flowers if they succeed.

This witty signature is not here right now, so please leave a message after the non-existant beep.
Braver men don't have my flair.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: