White Magic.ca
July 16, 2019, 04:40:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: White Magic - White Magic Spell Discussions

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Doomsday  (Read 6010 times)
Victor

View Profile Email
« on: April 13, 2012, 08:50:39 AM »

Starting by today 13/4/2012 I will make weekly posts about Doomsday theories and their progress. Everyone should share his/her views on this point. The goal of these posts is to predict what is going to happen on December 21st, 2012. So anyone willing to share his knowledge feel free to post.

No man, no matter how great he might be, can avoid his fate, he can just change it.-Victor
Lark
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 10:38:01 AM »

Doomsday prophecies have been around for thousands of years, yet none have been accurate.  Anyone interested in some of the various previous predictions about the end of the world should take a look at these links:

http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

http://www.religioustolerance.org/end_wrl2.htm

And of course we've had plenty of predictions since 1900 as well including the following:  http://www.dailyhoroscope.com/horoscope-headlines/top-10-failed-doomsday-predictions-end-of-the-world?page=0,1

Now we're down to everybody getting panicked over the possibility that the fact that the Mayan calendar ends in December 2012 means that the world will be coming to an end.  Further they point to some planetary alignments to prove their point.  But we've had planetary alignments before and nothing happened...nothing.

Mayan scholars will point out that there is nothing in the histories ans writings of the Mayans to suggest that they believed their calendar indicated when the world will end.  Modern descendants of the ancient Mayans say that this is not what the calendar means.  The modern interpretation is just another version of the Christian concern over the end of the earth...which is sort of amusing since in the Bible Jesus himself says that "No man shall know the date or the hour of my coming."

What will happen when the Mayan calendar ends?  Well, what happens every year on December 31?  We start a new calendar and a new year...just li9ke the Mayans believed and still believe will happen when their calendar ends.

Sure the world will come to an end one day...science tells us pretty clearly how that will come about based on an understanding of how stars are born and how they die.  But that's billions of years in the future.

Now, that being said, I think that if one wants to use this prediction in their private lives and use it to transform themselves into someone who is a better person or to work to make our world better for all of us, then that is a worthwhile goal.  But getting all worked up about a possible cosmic Doomsday simply holds to a long tradition of failed prophecies.

Those behaviors that we tolerate become our standards.
Victor

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 04:23:15 AM »

This goal doesn't serve a purpose it's just for fun cause even if you predict something it will be useless. About the calendar I think that like most calendars it restarts when it ends so there is a theory that this date may be the beggining of a new way of life. But I'm not reffering only to the Mayan calendar by doomsday I meant something catastrophic like a terrorism strike, war(including several profecies), destroyng earth habbitat due to pollution, infections anything even the Revelation.

No man, no matter how great he might be, can avoid his fate, he can just change it.-Victor
Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 09:48:07 AM »

Very well said, Lark. Cheesy

T.E. - Thrystal Encantatore the Enchanter
doranlyna

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 10:28:53 PM »

I think its start of new era . New beliefs.... 

If u get something easy
Its not worth getting
Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 09:21:35 AM »

No matter. What I want is to continue living and seek happiness.

Willwill

Gods Bless.

williamsteele10 will.steele
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 11:25:10 AM »

I believe that we will lose what most of the people on this planet have grown to be to dependent on: electricity, power, electronics all that jazz. Yes, people will die but it is only going to be caused by panic. How it will be caused, well I believe that the solar flares that they are predicting will cause it.

If this does happen, I am going to be psyched! Well not for the death, the no power thing ^_^ 

"My experience is difference then others. Yet we are all the same. I am available with all my knowledge and there is only so much I can teach. I am still on my journey too." 

"Let light and love be our guides again!"

Blessed Be!

)0( Great Goddess, Great God, bless them who read this. )0(
Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 10:34:27 AM »

I don't suppose that is something to be excited about. -.-

doranlyna

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 04:09:35 AM »

I think we all will die

If u get something easy
Its not worth getting
Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 07:42:35 AM »

I think that we should just stop thinking about it. No one knows when the world will end for sure.

Victor

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 09:44:15 AM »

Well the one with the nukes knows when we are to die  Smiley

Anyway I don't think that we are all going to die but, what if the media want people to believe so and on that day something bad is caused by them to support this belief ?
What if it was the beggining of a greater plan?
Just a thought

Also there are more than 30 predicted doomsdays which never happened.

Victor

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 09:46:29 AM »

Maybe those doomsdays make people fear and turn them to church.

Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 08:58:53 AM »

I don't suppose we should start assuming things. Like I said, no one knows. Anyway, what about the Illuminati? :\

MiddeM

It's good to be clever, but not to show it.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2012, 03:31:28 PM »

A new era will come in 2012 and will begin the last 10.000 years of earth which will tolerate beings who haven't worked with their body of light and bring negativeness in this planet. With a few words, that is what is more likely to happen.

A wizard is never late, nor his early, he arrives precisely when he means to.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: