White Magic.ca
July 21, 2019, 11:07:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: White Magic - White Magic Spell Discussions

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: if your parents hadn't of met, would you still be alive?  (Read 2533 times)
X-file girl
« on: July 10, 2009, 10:57:07 AM »

is our existence purely genetic and by chance? or would we have been born anyway, just to another couple, and into a different body? life- chance or destiny? discuss! Smiley x x x
Rev.Scarecrow

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 12:13:31 PM »

If we were to exist we would be completely different. Physically you would be different in every way. Part of your being is your brain which would control things like mental that wouldn't happen to certain couples.

For instance your being would be different if you were born with a addiction to crack.

You would also be different based on your environment, so as soon as your born you would be changing in subtle ways. Take  Charles Manson his mom sold him for a 6 pack of beer soon after he was born. Events like that change you.

So maybe you might have the same "soul" but you would still end up different due to the "nature verses nurture" thing since both would change you.
Jellybean-Kun
Wise

Yes, yes I do.

jjdnsporkfork@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 12:33:07 PM »

I WOULD...But I'd be German, and only half me....

This witty signature is not here right now, so please leave a message after the non-existant beep.
Braver men don't have my flair.
X-file girl
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 02:49:19 PM »

i see... interesting, so we hold the view that our personality is more heavily dependent on nurture, rather than nature? that really is interesting- we're taking a more scientific approach than spiritual at the minute. so does anyone think it was destiny that our parents got together in order to give us existence, or is it just one long string of random, by-chance events that led to our being?
Rev.Scarecrow

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2009, 08:16:07 PM »

i see... interesting, so we hold the view that our personality is more heavily dependent on nurture, rather than nature? that really is interesting- we're taking a more scientific approach than spiritual at the minute. so does anyone think it was destiny that our parents got together in order to give us existence, or is it just one long string of random, by-chance events that led to our being?

Well it really comes down to what is a soul. If a soul is your personality excluding nature then it is purely nurture. However if its both then it is nature and nurture.

If we better define a soul I think we will have a better chance at figuring this out.

Jellybean-Kun
Wise

Yes, yes I do.

jjdnsporkfork@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 04:10:03 AM »

I'll split up my parents, to how it was before they met...
If my mum had me with who she was getting married to, I'd be half me and German.
If it was my dad, I may not exsist....If I did, I still be a witch, all my paranormality, but I'd be half me.... (Would have no effect on my powers whatsoever)

This witty signature is not here right now, so please leave a message after the non-existant beep.
Braver men don't have my flair.
Why?

Good can come from bad, Bad can come from good.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 01:21:35 PM »

Energy is the key
hahaha...
I can't think of a door oh..
The body would be the door to the mind
to make this short (My report is due)
Someone dies-their energy seperates -goes into you making a close match to them-Powers the energy may create-plus genetics
Reliden and science are closely bonded

(Keyboard broken sorry for spelling)

Change is the only thing that is constant
Compromise makes a good umbrella, but a poor roof
Why?

Good can come from bad, Bad can come from good.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 01:25:41 PM »

One thing...
if you split up your parents-you would not exist to stop them-so they would have you-you would repeat-
your life all over again and make a time loop-forever to be trapped

Change is the only thing that is constant
Compromise makes a good umbrella, but a poor roof
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: