White Magic.ca
January 15, 2021, 10:13:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: White Magic - White Magic Spell Discussions

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey, with question.  (Read 4800 times)
Magikate

View Profile Email
« on: September 21, 2010, 03:47:10 AM »

Hello, I'm Kate and I'm 18 from the Uk.
I love music and art, Photoshop and shopping. I sound practically average.
I don't feel that way, a few good months ago. I suddenly had this major urge to become pagan.
Everything else about me went weird like it had melted away. What I mean by this is I grew up being catholic I was christened that way as a baby.
I was often sent to church as a little girl but didn't really take much interest.
I moved to a different part of england when I was 12 and my dad sent me to the same school he went to - a catholic school. Where mass was always there daily. We had to pray daily.
We had to only believe in god.
Now I'm not saying that this isn't good, but it was forced onto me. I see it all over the television I hear it on the radio and the news.
And I need proof that it's real, with paganism I see nature I see and feel goddess Gaea.
I believe in that and it feels right when I'm thinking about it.

I let my work and my family know, they think I'm a tree hugger. Although I don't go around doing that.
I have some gemstones, and I often go to Canterbury pure magik shop for bits n bobs.

My question is, or more rather problem is I want to buy tarot
cards but my family don't really agree and my dad would think I worshipping Satan when I don't and dont believe in going there.
Is there any way I can prove to them it's not bad at all? It's not like I'll run off and be a fortune teller. Just want to try the different scrying.
Wish my parents would understand.
It's hard because I'm 18 and they shouldn't really care anyway. It's my choice they had theirs at my age. I feel rebellious saying that but I love it

I've tried the magic on the pages, I'm still a beginner and don't believe in doing magic for personal gain.
More for healing and energy. Not money wealth and greed. It's not mine to take. If I earn it without. Then I believe it's rightfully mine to take. Almost like magic is stealing for me.

Sorry it was too long, I'm Kate and glad to be a part of this site now. (:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 03:50:17 AM by Magikate » Logged
Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 06:56:43 AM »

You have a pretty interesting background Smiley. xD One question: Are you still Catholic?

Anyway, I'm also Catholic and I'm having no problems with it. The Bible said that God said that there are also other gods so Christianity doesn't actually deny Polytheism nor the existence of higher beings. Belief in one God doesn't need to make you feel it is forced onto you. Smiley Remember, the people are mostly the ones who make it wrong, not the religion. It's good to be open-minded. Wink

Well, I seem like a religious person now, haha. I don't actually call myself religious - I don't pray all the time, I don't often read the Bible, etc. I'm just faithful to God. Smiley

By the way, welcome! Cheesy xD

T.E. - Thrystal Encantatore the Enchanter
Magikate

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 07:27:09 AM »

Yeah I'm stil catholic. But I guess I'm more drawn to paganism now.
I don't pray or read the bible either. It's choice. And thankyou ^^
Saveyna Moonshadow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 04:32:37 PM »

Welcome! Fascinating story. Thank you! I hope you stay with us!  Cheesy

Never believe in anything until it has been officially denied.

Insanity is relative. It depends on who has who locked in what cage.
Wizard Dil

Just call me Dil

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 04:26:41 AM »

Hello im dil welcome to the forum heres a thing ok NEVER BUY TAROT CARDS FOR YOURSELF get someone else buy them for you or it can have negativity or something to it or something it was what my aunty did for my mum.

Anyway welcome and goodluck with magic and spells if you do it hope you stay as many people don't really stay and it's sad well that's all i have to say hope all goes well. Grin

don't say you hate your life cause it's the only life you get to know.

*a proud to be pisces * 
             <><
             ><>
joegt123

In this world of fiction, my Jekyll doesn't hide.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 08:51:31 AM »

That's not quite it dil.

When you buy tarot for yourself, (although mage thinks different) they tend not to work as well for you as opposed to a deck that someone else thought suited you. They wouldn't carry negativity if they'd never been used.

...shouldn't, anyway.

Does thinking you're the only sane person left on the planet make you crazy?

Remember the golden rule of religion: "I am right, you are wrong." Doesn't matter who says it or what they believe. No one can prove anything, anyway.
mage master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 09:37:25 AM »

*nods* yep buy your own. will go soooooo much better than having someone get them for ya Wink

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
--------------------------------------------------------------
To be forgotten is worse than death
Thrystal Encantatore
Wise

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 11:09:43 AM »

That is confusing, lol. But, Dil and Joe's statement seems more convincing for me, haha. Smiley

T.E. - Thrystal Encantatore the Enchanter
Magikate

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 12:48:38 PM »

There's these gorgeous angel tarrot cards in pure magik shop, I'm so drawn to them.
If i got my bf to buy them is that the sam  Cheesy
mage master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 01:20:49 PM »

buy them your self Cheesy. your drawn to them so then there the ones for you Cheesy

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
--------------------------------------------------------------
To be forgotten is worse than death
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: