White Magic.ca
February 25, 2021, 11:30:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Shout Box

...loading shoutbox...

Login with username, password and session length
News: White Magic - White Magic Spell Discussions

Home   Help Arcade Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tis the season to be studying  (Read 2256 times)
X-file girl
« on: May 14, 2009, 02:37:46 PM »

The season of exams is upon us!! I was looking back at the has anyone tried the smart spell thread in spell discussions, and thought i'd start this. While i do like to cast some study spells whilst revising, i think its important to remember that spells will only enhance your revision, not do it for you. So before you start casting, make sure that you have a good revision technique that works for YOU, not the one that works for your friends, parents or teachers. Here is a bit of proven psychology for you: if you revise whilst  eating something or smelling something, you will associate the two things and it will make it easier for you to recall in the exam if that thing is by you. Why not try lighting some incense whilst revising, if your clothes smell of it afterwards, wear it in the exam! The scent will help jog your memory! Or suck cough sweets whilst revising and tell your examiner you have a cold- can you take them into the exam room with you. Perhaps easier, is something i did last year. Before you start revising, make a thread bracelet. Wear it only when revising, and when taking the exam. When you look down at in the exam it should remind you of your revision sessions. Another idea is making your revision notes into spells! Sounds a bit silly, but hear me out! I'm trying at the minute and its working great- just write a poem about the key points you need to remember, and some stuff about how you want to remember it, asking upon the goddess to help perhaps? You get the idea, right? This is great because it'll take quite a bit of time to write it, but it wont seem it once you've got into it, and trying to get the key points to rhyme will mean that you will end up explaining the same things over again in different ways, which will help it really stick in your head. Even if you can't manage to learn the poem of by heart, simply the process of making it will help you remember the points! I always think its great to revise within a Magick circle with the spirits present- i think it keeps me more motivated and
X-file girl
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 02:43:35 PM »

Keeps me concentrating, especially if i make myself open and recast the circle everytime i step in and out- i just end up not bothering to leave and really focusing on my study instead! Praying can also make you feel a lot more ontop of your work if you feel you're having trouble with coping, or if you just unconfident before going into the exam. Even if you don't believe in a deity, there's evidence that praying is metally good for you because it allows you to share your feelings instead of bottling them up inside of you, or sharing them with someone else when you don't really want to spill! Smiley well thats all i can think of at the minute, but if i think of anything else, i'll be sure to post it. Please reply if you found this helpful, or you'd like to share how you revise- let's all try to help each other as much as we can, okay? Wishing you all the best for your exams x x x
WhiteWitch

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 06:15:43 PM »

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I hope everyone does well in their exams! Smiley

'The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.'  Smiley
~B. B. King
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: