Heat slowly and uniformly to 1,450 deg.F. and
forge thoroughly. Do not under any circumstances attempt to harden
at the forging heat. After cooling from forging reheat to about
1,450 deg.F. and cool slowly so as to remove forging strains.
... Read more of Oil-hardening Steel at Steel Making.ca
A glass jar or other container with a lid
Various small objects- preferably green, silver or white
(such as paper, dried leaves, beads, pieces of smooth
glass and colored wood)
Green or silver glitter.
1. Cast a circle as normal, calling the quarters and
erecting a barrier of energy.
2. Consecrate all the items which you are going to use,
then lay them out on your altar (or if you are outside, a
3. Sprinkle the cinnamon over all the objects and say:
‘Herb for healing,
Herb for hope
Herb for strength
herb help me cope’
‘I call on thee, spirits of water, earth, fire and air, to aid me in this
4. Bind the Green ribbon around the jar three times
‘Thrice I bind thee, and so with nine calls, you will heal.’
5. Put all the small objects and the glitter into the jar ,
screw on the lid and shake it nine times
‘Power of healing, I command you, heal (name of
person) from all sickness!’
6. Thank the elements, and the guardians of the
watchtowers, and take down the circle.
7. When you have finished, then keep the jar in a safe
place, and every time you need the power of healing,
then take it out and shake it nine times, saying the
following over and over:
‘(name of person) be well, (name) be free of sickness’